Old December 20th 08, 05:31 AM posted to rec.autos.antique,alt.autos.antique
Heather & Joe Way

Default Antique Car Batteries?

On Sat, 20 Dec 2008 00:02:45 -0500, Justin
> wrote:

>Heather & Joe Way wrote:
>> On Fri, 19 Dec 2008 18:20:22 -0500, Justin
>> > wrote:
>>

>>> He, nice!
>>> But we're not killing anyone. Bascially the story involves hooking up
>>> two or three modern laptops with car/airline adapters to antique batteries....

>> ==========================
>> No problem. Two 6 volt car batteries in series, even car batteries of
>> that era, would run a laptop for days.
>>
>> You might toss in a couple of battery recharge events to keep it
>> believable and realistic, but the power part is a slam dunk.
>>
>> Joe

>How would one recharge a battery back then? I know I keep one of those
>chargers in my trunk, is there a 20's equivalent?

Yes indeed. I've seen them at swap meets, but it's been a long time.

I believe period chargers used selenium rectifiers. Some early
chargers included a light bulb in series as a current control.

Sorry I can't help with more detail, but someone else will no doubt
step in.

Joe
--
Heather & Joe Way