Old April 19th 09, 12:51 PM posted to alt.autos.gm,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.makers.honda
Mike Marlow[_2_]

Default Revitalized Malibu Takes on Accord and Camry

"Sharx35" > wrote in message

> Attitudes like THAT one are why so many people are only a payday or so
> away from financial ruin.

If you say so. Funny - I'm not a payday or so away from financial ruin. I
simply see no reason to keep a car for 17 years. There are lots of reasons
why that would make no sense - other than what some may consider bragging
rights that they have a 17 year old car.

> That TEN year old Camry only has 130,000 kilometres on it and is in MINT
> condition. WHY should I get a newer vehicle?

Maybe reading for content would benefit you - note that I did not say 10, I
said 17.

> It has ALL the features I want and rides and handles like a dream. My
> frugality and values have allowed me to retire from full-time work at 42
> (21 years ago) and build up a net worth of close to a million.

Very good for you. That is a commendable thing. It does not change my
position that keeping a car to age 17 still causes me to wonder why. There
is a lot of ground between reckless financial behavior and miserly behavior.
I'm just one person who does not see such great nobility in keeping
something like a car to age 17 just so I can say I have a net worth of close
to a million.

>NEXT question?

You're not as impressive as your question seeks to make you feel.

> And, NO, I do NOT waste my money on things like bottled water, huge screen
> TV's etc etc..

It's easy to begin to believe that any form of spending might be considered
a waste by you. Oh well...

--

-Mike-