Old March 15th 07, 05:39 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Brent P[_1_]

Default The money in traffic tickets is just wacky conspiracy theory... right?

Here I go again... spreading wacky conspiracy theory.....

http://www.examiner.com/a-620012~Fir...affic_bid.html

<...>

WASHINGTON - The Texas company under fire in the District for allegedly
failing to maintain traffic-enforcement cameras and parking meters
contributed thousands of dollars last year to political campaigns and
travel by D.C. leaders, at the same time negotiating new deals with the
city, an Examiner investigation found.

Affiliated Computer Services laid out more than $20,000 in 2006,
including a $10,600 contribution to last summer.s privately underwritten
trade mission to Africa organized by then-Mayor Anthony Williams.

City officials deny they were influenced by the money. But government
watchdogs aren.t convinced.

<...>

I'm just wacky thinking that these payments had any effect on the city's
elected offfice holders... ACS probably was just being friendly,
expecting nothing in return. It's just my paranoia that makes me think
they were buying influence.... *snort* ACS only made millions of dollars
from this... what's a few grand kicked back to its friends in government?