Old March 22nd 05, 03:13 PM
Brandon

tech27 wrote:
> "Brandon" > wrote in message
> ups.com...
> >
> > fbloogyudsr wrote:
> >> "Brandon" > wrote

> > weeks

who
> > has

the

key
> > in

> > pushed

plus
> > I do

time
> > on
> >>
> >> Turn the key to on.
> >> Push the end of the turn signal stalk until the clock is

displayed.
> >> Twist *and hold* the right knob counterclockwise for hours (or

> > minutes),
> >> and clockwise for minutes (or hours). The radio clock is

> > synchronized
> >> with the dash display's clock.
> >>
> >> Floyd

> > Thanks Floyd, Ill give that a try .

> Are you trying to SET the time, or make it so that the time appears

on the
> dash? These are 2 different things. The manual will tell you how to

set the
> current time and date. THEN there is a option on what information

displays
> in the dash readout. You can have the time/date/fuel consumption

1/fuel
> consumption 2/etc. If you have more than one item selected to display

n the
> dash, pressing in the stalk will cycle through these items one by

one, and
> OFF is another position. If you only have, say, time, pressing the

stalk
> will display the time, pressing it again will turn it off.

Thanks for the post. Im actually trying to set the time, which seems
like it would be a pretty simple task.

I recently bought the car used. The clock on the dash and on the
radio appears like this: -- : --

I do have the multifunction computer on the car - so I'm not having a
problem toggling from the clock, to the temperature, mileage readout,
etc

I have placed the key in all positions (3, I think, including with the
car running) - and twisted the toggle switch back and forth with no
response. Is there some setting I'm missing? I wonder why the
clock would have been reset in the first place - maybe they changed
the battery out? I have a 2002 330i with 54K.