Old June 2nd 17, 03:26 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
James Rau[_2_]

Default Over heating

On Fri, 02 Jun 2017 00:18:01 GMT, Dahawk
> wrote:

>replying to James Rau, Dahawk wrote:
>Hi , hey put new antifreeze in with the thermostat, they did a wash out (
>don't know much re cars ) and with thermostat new , they said something about
>the top hose gets hot BUT the bottom hose is cold ,
>When the car over heats I turn the heater on high and the needle goes to the
>half way point

A few more questions for you:

1. Does the engine overheat while driving in traffic or when at idle
or both?

2. It still sounds like the cooling system is clogged. Are you sure
they (whoever they are) flushed it? The fact that the top hose is hot
BUT the bottom hose is cold tells me the radiator is clogged (it
almost sounds like you have half a radiator).

3. The cooling system has a leak somewhere. This is why I asked you if
the antifreeze was clear or milky. If it is an internal leak, or
(worse) a cracked block, the coolant may be contaminated with oil.

4. Check your oil level. Also, twist off the filler cap and check the
inside. Is the oil clear or milky? This too indicates an internal
coolant leak/cracked block.

5. What's the current temp where you live? Yes, hot whether will cause
overheating, even with modern cars.

6. What are your driving habits like? Do you "ride" the brake while
driving? If so, this places stress on the engine, which will cause
overheating.

Good luck.

James Rau