Old September 6th 06, 01:51 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
BRH

Default Returning to RFactor...

I've been away from simming for close to a year, and would like to get
back into it. - Specifically into RFactor

I see that rFactor has now gotten lots of add-ons series, tracks, etc.
I'm currently on Version 1.07 and have the following questions:

1. I see that the latest patch is for Version 1.15. Is this patch
required to run the latest mods, like the 1979 F1 Mod? If so, I see
that I have to do a complete re-install. Is it possible to do that
without losing setups, previously installed mods, etc?
2. I seem to recall that a code was needed to activate rFactor (perhaps
I'm wrong on this....). If so, I don't think that I have that code
anymore, so how do I install 1.15 without losing my activation?
3. How does the ISI_BABYFACTORY cheat work, to increase the $$$? (I
forgot.) Exactly where do I input this code?

At the moment, after installing the 1979 F1 mod and trying to run it in
Version 1.07, I get kicked back to the desktop. I'm thinking that it's
because I have to "buy" a car, but my "budget" is only 1,500,000. (I
seem to recall it was a lot higher than that before I installed the mod.)