Old May 12th 12, 09:13 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default New PC's FFB

Tony R:
FolkGT:
> Speaking of pCARS, have you considered giving it a try?

Cruel. When Mario opens up the console and can see all the FFB
parameters he can adjust, his head will literally explode!

Not quite.
If you notice, I am not adjusting in-game settings at all. I am not
interested in that too much. I am trying to balance forces, FFB forces in
iRacing were unbalanced. Deliberately. iRacing deliberately unbalanced FFB
forces. For me, this is a sign of insanity. Secondly. you simply don't do
such foolishness if you plan to do a serious business. If you plan a to sell
a voodoo, yes, but not if you plan a serious business.
Firstly, iRacing locked damper to 75%. You simply don't do that. Why
would you do such a foolish thing in the first place. To mess things up? And
then you are expecting from people to do delicate adjustements on their
cars? Jesus Christ.
iRacing corrected this, but then they've put cockpitLookDeadZone
value off balance. Well, if you did this, at least you should leave some
info. For every inbalance you should leave an info, if you are a serious
player. If you are playing a child games, then you must allow children below
13 to play your game, otherwise you will have no target audience.
I am not interested in "rumble strips" FFB fireworks. I don't care
about this, this kind of FFB isn't important for racing, but every child
would be amazed with it. I am interested in representing cornering forces,
weight-shift forces, forces that are important for racing. And you don't
have this without Spring and Damper, simple as that.
Another thing, nobody solved even the basic things about FFB. How
you calibrate, for example. You have to work every axle BEFORE you are
calibrating it. Then, you have to put center of wheel at 8191, and the right
has to 900 (if you have set it to 900 in the Logitech driver). Nothing of
this is presented even as a hint. I am not sure if iRacing is even aware of
those problems. I've read in iRacing's documentation something like "you
have to calibrate SLOWLY". Lol, they have obviously encauntered that
problem, but didn't solwed it properly. No, you have work axes before
calibration, slowly calibrating will not help you. And what about 900 deg
right? Well, since their simulation is off balance anyway, they probably
didn't even notice that.
And on, and on. Which all tells you that they are starting from
completly wrong assumptions, completlz wrong basics. Which ends up in always
the same people using their software, and nobody else, because everybody
else didn't spend 5000 hours driving GPL around Monza, and onlz those who
did can use their software which is based on those wrong assumptions.