Old May 15th 10, 10:35 PM posted to alt.autos.lexus,alt.autos.toyota.camry,rec.autos.tech,alt.autos.toyota,rec.autos.misc
Jeff Strickland[_2_]

Default Smog test: Vehicle failed the MIL/Check Engine Light due to failure to successfully complete all OBD self tests

"Kruse" > wrote in message
On May 15, 6:42 am, "Jeff Strickland" > wrote:

> If you found plain old leaded Regular, or leaded
> Premium, and put it in your car, this will destroy a CAT. Bottom line is,
> you either have a bad CAT or a bad sensor.

On a cross-country trip, where would he find regular leaded or leaded
premium?
Tetra ethyl lead was phased out YEARS ago.

<JS>
The point is, your car demands UNLEADED.

Some of the farming communities might make leaded gas available for
tractors. You shouldn't be able to even put the pump nozzle in the car, so
this is a very remote thing to consider. But consider it, then toss it
aside.

If you can remember a time that the nozzle didn't fit well into the filler
hole, that's a clue that maybe you got leaded gas.

I agree though that it's not a likely thing to have happened.