Old June 30th 07, 06:45 PM posted to alt.autos.toyota,alt.autos.toyota.trucks,rec.autos.makers.honda,alt.autos.honda,sci.energy
BobG

Default MIKE Hunter's smaller car thesis??

> I'd also like to know more about what types of accidents were involved,
> especially for pickups. My guess would be rollovers.

There was a campaign in the US to get get the good ol boys in pickup
trucks to use their seatbelts. Maybe they thought their personal
liberty was being encroached on by the intrusive governmant
regulations, but they were dying in disproportionate numbers by flying
out during crashes.