Old August 23rd 05, 02:22 PM
John DiFool

On Mon, 22 Aug 2005 23:45:25 -0500, Dave Henrie

:

>> But as the most visible site in the sim racing community, you don't
>> think they shoulder a responsibility to be professional, impartial,
>> non-hypocritical, and non-confrontational? I do.
>>
>> John DiFool
>>

> I don't. So there. Where does this need for a big emotional hug from
>RSC come from. Alright. All you belly achers...which ones DIDN'T get
>breast fed as babies? There has got to be a logical reason for this NEED
>to be validated.
>
>dave henrie
>
>going ..going..

Straw man. My point was, that, as the most visible and most commonly
visited sim site on the planet, that it doesn't show either them or
the
community in a good light if certain moderators engage in questionable
behaviors. This is a likely route to either irrelevance or oblivion
(for some community members, RSC has indeed started to become
irrelevant).

Imagine if an organization in a real-world community somewhere,
an organization which has a very high profile there and is able to
serve certain needs for its community, started to get all ****y and
obnoxious in certain respects. You don't think the community
members would have a right to be annoyed?