Old March 21st 07, 08:47 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda

Default Distributor cap/cover 1997 Civic

On Mar 21, 3:43 am, "shammysham" > wrote:
> On Mar 21, 12:43 am, wrote:
>
> > Is there a good resource online (or could someone tell me ) how
> > exactly to remove the distributor cap/cover to clean it and see the
> > condition of it, i.e., if there are a lot of carbon deposits, etc. ...

> > Thanks in advance, for ANY and ALL help!!!

> sounds easy enough, depending on the location...all you should need is
> your rachet and your screwdriver, and when u remove it if u see carbon
> deposits...just a little isn't a big deal, if it's corroded, then you
> may consider changing it...but depending on what problem you are
> having it could be a waste of money. (saying this because I wasted
> money changing a cap and rotor for my integra long ago when it was
> really the distributor itself) But it should be easy enough.

Thanks for your reply!

I did take it off, and, I was sort of disappointed, there wasn't much
carbon at all, ha...

What happened with your Acura? I still cannot figure out what's wrong
with my car. Long story short, I bought it brand new, never had a
problem with it, EVER, and then last week it suddenly stopped running
in the middle of the road! Without warning! Weird, eh?

It's not the timing belt (checked), it's not the fuel system
(checked), and now it's down to ignition... I think.
The cap and rotor looked semi-okay, do you think it could be the
distributor itself? How would you find out? (Cheaply... if
possible )

Thanks again!!!

--M.