Old March 8th 07, 10:39 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang
Michael Johnson

Default Mustang Sales, Specialty Models

Brent P wrote:
> In article >, Michael Johnson wrote:
>> Brent P wrote:

>>> Probably close to what the marketeers thought about GTO over at GM.

>> It wasn't the name that killed the GTO it was the car they put it on.

> It was the expectations people had of the name, the car was true to the
> early version of the GTO.

Not hardly. It is a converted left hand drive import. Read up on the
early GTOs. There is little in common with the last one.

>> If D-C markets a Hemi Cuda worthy of the name it will sell regardless of
>> whether it is a Dodge or Plymouth. Like Joe said, I don't remember
>> hearing Plymouth Hemi Cuda much just Hemi Cuda.

> If it's worthy of the later car (as opposed to the early baracudas that
> only had thrifty inline 6s), the name won't matter.

Are you saying the early Cudas were not note worthy? My cousin hard one
and it wasn't a boring car. Well you do think the early GTOs were
boring so this opinion isn't much of a stretch for you. I'm glad you
agree that the name won't matter. Plymouth Hemi Cuda verses Chrysler
Hemi Cuda? Doesn't matter to me.