Old October 23rd 05, 07:45 PM
Pete M

Default Find me an Alfa!

In ,
SteveH > decided to enlighten our sheltered souls
with a rant as follows
> I promised myself a shiny Alfa when I escaped my previous job.... with
> the new job starting in 3 weeks time, I'm now on a mission.
>
> Trouble is, as usual, I'm too tight to spend proper money ;-)
>
> What I'm after is a nice 164 V6 for around a grand, a decent widebody
> 155 for similar money. or whatever I can get in p/x for my Passat and
> 500 quid.....

Do what I did, cheap 155 widebody with a rattly as **** variator and in need
of a cambelt service.

Cost me £250 all in for variator, belt, tensioner, oil and filter change
inc. labour.

It sounded like a cab until this afternoon, now it's lovely as a lovely
thing.

> Preferably nothing too far away, unless someone local has checked it
> out for me before driving over myself (I've spent far too much time
> chasing up and down the country looking at heaps of crap).
>
> Anyone know of something suitable?

I'll have a look around for you.

--
Pete M

Alfa 155
Ford Capri (still broked)
Porsche 911 3.2 (For Sale - ebay soon)

COSOC #5
Scouse Git extraordinaire. Liverpool, Great Britain