Old April 30th 09, 12:26 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.saturn
satyr

Default If Saturn goes, I will NEVER buy another GM car

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 09:00:17 -0400, Usenet User
> wrote:

>Two years ago the Democrats took control of Congress. One year later the
>economy started to go into a tailspin.

And exactly what do you think the Democrats did to cause that? Did
they deregulate the banking industry? No, that was the neocons. Did
they raise taxes? No, the Bush tax cuts remain in force to this day.
Did they deflate the housing bubble? No, bubbles deflate on their
own. Did they waste a trillion dollars (and thousands of lives) in
Iraq? No, that was the neocons again.

>Obama's lack of leadership and
>total and complete inexperience has kept consumer confidence at a low.

Consumer confidence just jumped by the most in four years.

<http://seekingalpha.com/article/134000-still-low-consumer-confidence-improves-significantly>
<http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601087&sid=aGCiuVKXzvaQ&refer=home>

>Couple that with a failure of the so-called stimulus program that is not
>and will not create jobs,

There are signs it is working, but it is really too early to tell.

>is causing consumer confidence to remain low

Typical neocon tactic: repeat your own misinformation until someone
believes it. Have you noticed this isn't working anymore? (Hint:
look at the party controlling the legislative and executive branches.)

>and therefore keeping Americans from going out and buying new cars....no
>car sales means GM, Chrysler and to a lesser extent Ford cannot make
>money.

If Obama hadn't bailed them out, GM and Chrysler would be in
liquidation now. (And yes, I know the difference between bankruptcy
and liquidation and I choose my words advisedly.)

> Obama and the Democrats took a bad situation and just made it
>worse. Lost Hope, Pocket Change.

Whereas Bush took a healthy economy with a budget surplus and put it
in the toilet while giving big tax breaks to his rich friends.