Old March 21st 07, 05:41 AM posted to alt.autos.bmw
BobP

Default E39 / E60 Clutch sensitivity

I've driven an E39 540i and an E60 545i and noticed that while the
clutch throw was fairly lengthy, the actual engagement zone was pretty
small, particularly on the E39. Is that just the nature of the beast
on these cars or did I bump into a couple funny ones? It's not a deal-
killer item, but is there any way to adjust the clutch to give me more
room to work with? The E39 in particular seemed to be
hypersensitive, with the engagement zone being at a point where the
clutch lever was "pushing back" harder than it did earlier in its
travel.

What say the FOAK?

Rancho Bob