Old December 3rd 07, 10:09 PM posted to rec.autos.driving
Daniel W. Rouse Jr.

Default Keep your papers ready to be produced immediately or it's a tazering

"Brent P" > wrote in message
. ..

> Woman without her papers in order for immediate inspection gets tazed:
>
> via fark.com
>
> http://www.statesman.com/news/mplayer/other/32386?f=1

Unfortunately, the truth of the matter is that it is best not to confront,
even verbally, a police officer that is already aggressive and will
immediately use force. Just do what the cop is asking, and file a complaint
or lawsuit later. It's really the only solution, unless one already knows
they can physically withstand potentially multiple 5 second/50,000 volt
shocks.

(I wouldn't expect to be Tasered simply for asking for an officer's name and
badge number though--if I was asked for license and registration--if I said
something like "here is my license and registration officer, and may I have
your name and badge number please?" during a traffic stop.)

But, the number of situations that are clearly not life-threatening
situations and that have resulted in Taser usage should result in the
officers tried for attempted murder. Currently, they are only investigated
by the internal affairs, and the investigations seem to be only expedited
when the video is available for viewing on the Internet.

Now, I don't want Tasers banned because there are legitimate
life-threatening situations that may call for them. But Taser usage should
be regulated exactly the same as if the officer was using their gun. The
weapon *is* potentially lethal, unless one is of ideal health and has no
heart or nervous system problems, so the Taser weapon should be regarded as
a secondary lethal weapon.