Old May 2nd 06, 07:02 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 2006 Mustang Convertible 2 questions?

When I got my GT convert in '03, Ford was including the tonneau for free
and recommended it be used for long distance travel with the top down.
After that car got totaled by a Jeep Liberty, I ordered an exact same
configuration in an '04 at which time I was told that Ford wanted $$$
for it as an optional accessory. Funny how a shrinking profit margin
turns "free and recommended" items into costly "optional accessories"!
Needless to say, I kept mine from the '03, but have never used it. I'm
much happier with the windscreen that I bought. Sure, I lose the use of
the rear seat for passenger use, but being able to ride with the top
down and not have the wind blowing down the back of my neck is far
better. Besides, the rear seats really only offer storage room for my
windshield sun screen and Mustang baseball cap anyway!

Mike
'04 Sonic Blue GT vert