Old March 23rd 05, 04:48 PM
Cory Dunkle

"Scott en Aztlán" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 23 Mar 2005 09:19:22 -0500, "Cory Dunkle" >
> wrote:
>
> >Cops so often forget that they are _PUBLIC SERVICE_ officers. They serve

the
> >public, and the public pays them for that service. They serve every

single
> >person out on the streets and sidewalks. Even if they suspect that person

of
> >something the cop still needs to treat that person with the utmost

respect
> >and courtesy.
> >
> >Anyhow, the world would be a better place without all the ass holes like
> >this pig working on the force.

> Your hypocrisy is dripping off my screen and onto my keyboard.
>
> So let me ask you a question, Cory: why do you expect courtesy and
> respect from the police when you refuse to extend thst same courtesy
> and respect to them? Do you believe that paying the officer's salary
> entitles you to treat them with disrespect and hatred? I'm no cop, but
> I can easily imagine what effect 18 years of dealing with this kind of
> irrational cop-hatred would have on a person.

I did not come into this world hating cops. I used to like them, admire
them, and look up to them. Hell, I used to want to be a police officer. It
was a position I admired and thought very highly of. Protecting people,
keeping people safe, in general making the world a better place. Not anymore
though, as I've realized that's not what being a cop is about... Not by a
long shot.
I have found that good cops are usually in very high crime areas, such as
Camden, NJ. Police officers in those areas are typically quite friendly and
respectful. They are polite and courteous and actually have personalities.
They are not so bitter and looking for the easy way out of anything and
everything that most cops seem to be. They will talk, and they will listen.
Cops in low crime areas seem to be full of themselves, generally they are
arrogant *******s who don't have respect for anyone or anything.

> It's only human nature
> to begin hating the people whom we know to hate us

Thank you, that precisely explains why I hate cops. They have shown me time
and time again that they don't give a damn about truth, legality, or safety.
Furthermore they have shown themselves to be completely disrespectful and
rude in their behavior. I can only take so much of that before I come to the
conclusion that the majority of cops are very bitter people who don't care
about anything the police's PR department spouts (such as the advertising
slogan "To protect and serve" designed to boost PR, as jaybird explained).
I've dealt with enough bitter cops taking out their anger and bitterness on
me. I've seen enough cops driving recklessly and abusing their power. I'm
fed up with it, I hate cops for those reasons. As you said, it's only human
nature...

Cory