Old March 2nd 05, 03:21 AM
Jim Adney

On Tue, 01 Mar 2005 00:13:50 +0100 "P.J. Berg" >
wrote:

>Separate engine/tranny, place engine with flywheel against wall, and
>tranny up against wall with input shaft(clutch side)facing floor. No oil
>spills this way, if oil seal on ingoing axle is ok.

I've stored trannies this way and the gear oil always ends up on the
outside. It might not be noticable over a short period of time, but
over several years the oil all seems to get out.

I'd also be willing to believe that some tranny input seals are tight
enough that this doesn't happen, but I can assure you that not all
are.

-
Jim Adney
Madison, WI 53711 USA