Old April 27th 11, 12:42 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Andrew MacPherson[_2_]

Default NFS Shift 2 $18 shipped at EA Store

(rms) wrote:

http://eastore.ea.com

Ok, I just had my "that justified every penny of the purchase" experience.

In Shift1 it was the Nordschleife which made me grin, and in the right car, with
the right stabilising tweaks, I found the immersive graphics and overall experience
more than made up for the iffy handling.

In Shift2 I've just raced in my works Porsche at the Nordschleife (where else?) in
the dark, with the HUD and aids all off. Just me, the lights in my mirrors, and my
beams flashing over the competition ahead. A very good experience. Very, very good.
It'd be even better if you could alter the darned FOV for three screen use (there
was a mod for 1, I guess there may be something similar for 2).

If only the darned vehicles would handle as well as iRacing's! We are shown little
glimpses of sim heaven all over the place. But when, when , when is someone going
to gather all those slivers of heaven together?

Andrew McP