Old August 25th 07, 10:58 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
96Miata

Default Bolt missing from lower wishbone

I have noticed for some time that the rear left wheel on my 96 doesn't
always look right. It is sometimes toed in when parked when other cars are
toed out or straight. Looking under the car I found that a bolt was missing
from the car end (as opposed to wheel end) the lower wishbone. This is the
forward one of the two bolts. How dangerous is it to drive the car like
this? How can it just fall off? When feeling around I notice a nut is
still in place on the top of this connection. is that a permanent nut and I
just need a bolt or did this thing sheer off somehow?
Thank you.