Old September 12th 07, 11:39 PM posted to rec.autos.antique
Stude

Default Donate a car

On Sep 11, 2:41 am, john > wrote:
> Good News!! Read it...........If you are considering donating a used
> car to a charity there are several things you need to know. Your
> donation benefits not only you but also recipient of your donation. Of
> course, who your recipient is and how they will use your used car
> varies from donation to donation.
> read morehttp://www.zone-car.com

FWIW:

I had a Geo Prism and a Studebaker. My partner had a Toyota Camry in
good shape. The Condo Rules allow us only two cars, I had to decide
between the Geo and the Commander.

I delayed long enough so that the Geo ruined a half-shaft. It new was
going - it needed struts & shocks, too.
I was about fifty miles from home when it committed Hari-Cari.
I left it at a gas station, got a ride home and the next day I gave it
to the local PBS station.

They auctioned it off and I got a receipt for $700.
My tax lady said that I would have to give a lot more to charity for
that to make any difference on my taxes.

(Well, at least that settled my Geo / Stude problem.)

In other words, check with your tax people before doing anything.