Old April 8th 12, 08:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
jim beam[_4_]

Default the new crx

On 04/08/2012 10:51 AM, Elmo P. Shagnasty wrote:
> In >, jim >
> wrote:
>
>> http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicles/f...ter/index.aspx
>>
>> or at least it would be if it handled. but even though it doesn't, it's
>> still got to be better then the crz. and once hyundai figure out the
>> suspension thing, game over.

> The aftermarket can, and will, solve the suspension thing for a few thou.

kinda, but that torsion bar rear thing isn't very good and can't really
be much improved. and as has been discussed here or on r.a.t before,
rear suspension is the most critical since the rear wheels take the
inside line and are thus subject to the greater lateral force.

> Game over out of the gate.
>
> 201hp...hmmmmm, where have I heard that number before...oh, yeah, Civic
> Si. Suppose that's Hyundai's direct slap in the face, as they laugh
> their way to the bank?

the civic does that with a normally aspirated 2l motor. hyundai are
using a 1.5l turbo. and turbo is just like mitsubishi, subaru, vw, etc.
much as i love the old hondas for good specific output numbers,
keeping up with the rest of the market pretty much requires a turbo
option, even if it's not on every version.

--
nomina rutrum rutrum