Old March 24th 11, 05:01 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.mazda.miata
XS11E[_1_]

Default 215/40-R16 Yokohama S.Drive tires

charlie > wrote:

> In any event, tires that are over about two years old get hard and
> loose a lot of cornering capability.
>
> I had this happen with a set of Bridgestone tires - - First year
> ok. Next year slid all over the place.

Amen, I had to part with the tires that came on my Miata even though
they had more than 50% tread remaining, they went into a spin with a
very light rain on the street..... <!> I was taking a turn onto a
freeway on ramp at about 35mph or so, I'd taken the same turn at 45mph
in my Jeep Grand Cherokee if that'll give you some idea of how slippery
those tires were! About a year earlier they'd handled wet pretty well.

Periodically the Feds try to pass some rule requiring tires to be
replaced after 2 or 3 years. I certainly oppose such a bill but I can
see the reasoning behind it....

The Usenet Improvement Project: