Old September 13th 09, 12:18 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
Zathras

Default Just been to collect my 75

On Sun, 13 Sep 2009 12:10:02 +0100, Catman
> wrote:

>In the subject of engines, SMWBO is in my car today, as her hire car
>finished, and we've not had a chance to spend the insurance cheque yet.
>
>Bloody hell, it sounds great from *outside*.

I think this is a weird but common feature of cars. They don't sound
their best when in the drivers seat. My Alfa sounded *MUCH* better
when I listened to it being driven by someone else whether I was in
the back seat or outside. It wasn't my driving style as, a work
colleague once heard my car when I drove it (unknown) through his town
and he later said it had sounded fantastic. At the time he had a 6
cylinder petrol beemer so I took that as a good compliment on the Alfa
sound.

Scotland
Alfa Romeo 156 2.4JTD Veloce Leather (sold)
'Oil' be seeing you..
(Email must have the word 'Alfa' in the
subject line to get through auto-filtering)