Old January 11th 08, 04:04 PM posted to rec.autos.4x4
Mike Romain

Default 80 series Landcruiser rear axle removal - need advice.

I would recommend you stop using a Water Displacement fluid and get some
real penetrating fluid. A product named PB BLaster is decent, Liquid
Wrench is decent and I am sure there are a few more brands.

Liquid wrench will do in an hour what a water displacer like WD40 will
loosen in a week of daily soakings. (well, maybe a few days) There is a
radical difference. Even brake fluid is a better penetrant than WD40,
but it is real hard on paint.

Mike (in the rust belt)
'New' frame in the works for '08. Some Canadian Bush Trip and Build
Photos: http://mikeromainjeeptrips.shutterfly.com