Old March 2nd 06, 11:42 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.ford.mustang

Default 1998 Mustang GT Factory Alarm Randomness - Help me disable it.

Chuck,

Not sure if it has ever happened, but my 93LX had a problem years back that
the dome light would turn on/off by itself. I don't know the alarm system
on your 88GT, but if it's tied into the dome light circuit this may be a
cause.

The fix was tor replace the drivers side door switch for the dome light
circuit. It got wet/ruined once after going through a car wash. Crazy
thing started dinging while driving down the road or just sitting in the
garage. I don't remember all the details now, but the door switch was cheap
and easy to replace. Best of all the dinging stopped.

Like I said, not sure if this is the case here, but it may be.

Regards,

mC

93LX 5.0

ups.com...