Old May 3rd 05, 03:05 AM
Lynn Martin

The Bentley Manual (1970-79) sez:

Conventional Tire Inflation Pressures (Bias ply):

Beetle, Ghia, to December 1972; 1970 Convertible; With 1-2 persons - 16 psi
Front, 24 psi Rear; Fully loaded - 17 psi Front, 26 psi Rear

Super Beetle, Convertible from 1971 up to Dec. 1972; With 1-2 persons - 16
psi Front, 27 psi Rear; Fully loaded - 18 psi Front, 27 psi Rear

All models, from Jan. 1973; With 1-2 persons - 18 psi Front, 29 psi Rear;
Fully loaded - 18 psi Front, 29 psi Rear

--------------------------------------

Radial Tire Inflation Pressures (Radial ply)

Beetle, Ghia, to December 1972; 1970 Convertible; With 1-2 persons - 18 psi
Front, 27 psi Rear; Fully loaded - 18 psi Front, 27 psi Rear

Super Beetle, Convertible from 1971 up to Dec. 1972; With 1-2 persons - 18
psi Front, 27 psi Rear; Fully loaded - 18 psi Front, 27 psi Rear

All models, from Jan. 1973; With 1-2 persons - 18 psi Front, 29 psi Rear;
Fully loaded - 18 psi Front, 29 psi Rear

- NOTE: Increase the pressures in conventional bias ply tires by 3 psi for
prolonged high speeds but never exceed the maximum tire inflation pressure
designated on the tire sidewall.

Glove compartment in my 74 super sez 18/29 for bias and radial. I was just
wondering if these values were right or not. Probably wouldn't hurt to have
mid 20's pressures. But it would probably drive like a tractor any higher.

Thanks for everyone's help!

Lynn
1974 Superbeetle

ink.net...