Old December 20th 04, 05:45 PM
Thomas Malmevik

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Gareth Edwards wrote:

> Hi
>
> Trying to set the idle screws on the carbs the other day, and I adjusted all
> of them apart from one. The idle screw for number three cylinder does not
> affect the engine at all, no matter how far I screw it in or out. I checked
> the idle jet, which I thought maybe blocked, but it is fine. What could the
> problem be?
> I have also noticed when the engine is idling, it sounds as though it is
> missing, and it is the same under light throttle. But when I put my foot
> down it picks up and goes great. Have I got a blockage somewhere in the
> idle circuit? What can I do to remedy this?
>
> Cheers

OK, maybe I am wrong here, but these are a pair of 2 barrel carbs,
1 on each side. There should only be 1 (one) idle screw per side. I don't
believe you set the "idle" for each seperate cylinder. 1 screw should be
idle and the other a mixture screw. Unless I am totally off here......*8-}

--
the Grokdoc
Tom Malmevik