Old October 24th 04, 04:39 PM
LuckMeister

Default Panel Lights/Pwr Door lock problems - 1994 Honda Accord LX Coupe

Folks:

I would sincerely appreciate it if anyone on this newsgroup can help
me out with a couple of problems on a 1994 Honda Accord LX Coupe.

Problem 1 : The dash panel back light for the
speedometer/odometer/tachometer
seems to have gone out as has the back light on the temparature
control panel.
All the individual panel lights (check engine/break/cruise/low fuel)
work
fine, it is just the *BACK* light that has gone out.

Problem 2 : The power door locks exhibit peculiar behaviour. I can
*LOCK* the car but cannot *UN*lock the car using the power door lock
switches on either the driver or the passenger sides.

I took it to a mechanic and he suspects that the door lock relay might
be the issue. He seems to suspect that both problems may be
interconnected.

Questions:

1. Has anyone out there experienced similar issues? I doubt that the
back panel *LAMPS* have burnt out due to an overvoltage/overcurrent
situation but wanted to check if anyone else out there has experience
this.

2. I see the power door lock relay in the engine compartment fuse box.
How do you test/replace it? Simply yank it out vertically?

Thanks in advance to all those who respond.

Cheers,
LM