Old July 20th 14, 03:20 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

Default New thread - this has nothing to do with the C7

"Rufus" > wrote in message
> Dad wrote:

>>> That just sounds like people that like to park close and P-O Vette
>>> owners...I always park mine strategically, and not based on how
>>> far I
>>> have to walk. I find it a lot easier to get in and out of my C6
>>> Z06
>>> than my C4, but I still find my C4 to be a bit more comfortable
>>> because of the way the seat hugs my back. I'm a skinny dude...
>>>
>>> I do think there are probably things that can be done with the
>>> door
>>> design that could help...my cube-mate put a Lambo-door conversion
>>> on
>>> her C6, and while I don't particularly like that, it does reduce
>>> the
>>> car's "wingspan".
>>>

>> Parked backed in drivers side on the curb, handicap on the
>> passenger
>> side, 6' left on his drivers side. There will always be idiots out
>> there.
>>
>> Gag me with a spoon, lambo doors on a Corvette? I've seen worse,
>> some of
>> the owners should have their toe nails pulled with pliers and
>> washed out
>> with gasoline but then I change very little on a Corvette, my
>> choice as
>> it is theirs. Some people think I'm nuts for the miles I put on
>> them but
>> that's what I buy them for, to drive it when ever I can, rain or
>> shine.
>>

> Same here...I have Harleys for bolting stuff onto and customizing.
>
> Other than things like floor mats I prefer all of my cars pretty
> much stock. I'll swap the wheels on my Z06 someday for comp grey
> ones, but they will be factory 8 spoke comp grey ones. Since I have
> two Corvettes right now I tend to baby my Z06 and only drive it on
> highway trips. If I can get rid of my '87 one of these days I'll
> probably start racking miles on it. I tend to keep vehicles a long
> time - I have two that have spent over 20 years in my possession.
>
> --
> - Rufus

My first car in my name was April 1958, it sits in my barn in primer
with a rebuilt engine and chassis with most of the body work done.
been there since '82 when mom sold the farm, Just lost interest in it
and have told a friend that has been bugging me forever that I'll sell
it to him. Base '50 Chevy coupe no options except heater, stock. It's
funny, since I told him I'd sell it he has never mentioned it again. I
think he's afraid of the price and I'm not going to say anything
because I'm not sure I can do it. The '72 has been around for 14 years
but the '05 has been around 9 years 10 months, the 64 is the new
comer, but I have a '65 Mustang that has been around here since 1987.
Parts have been a bear for it as it is one of the promo cars that was
priced at $1965 back in 1965. No options just a 6 with a 3 speed on
the floor, 4 bolt 13" wheels small hub caps, (try to find those) mine
are from a friends Falcon. Different script on the fenders, generator,
hood latch, and on and on it goes. Almost everything done except the
replacement frame panels with serial number on them that the state is
giving me fits about. Almost had it and the gal in the title office
died and the new one braids he pubic hair and rides a broom to work.
Got to start all over with the inspections.

--
Dad
05 C6 Silver/Red /6spd-Z51