Old July 20th 14, 02:08 AM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Rufus

Default New thread - this has nothing to do with the C7

Dad wrote:

> "Rufus" > wrote in message
>>> We came out of our favorite restaurant 2 days ago and I had to open the
>>> hatch and crawl in to pull it out far enough to let the better half get
>>> in, (I can say that because she paid for lunch). The numb nutz in the
>>> whacked out Honda parked on her door would have taken the paint off a
>>> Grand Sport. I have also found more than just a few Grand Sports sitting
>>> on the lot, maybe a dozen or so.
>>>

>> That just sounds like people that like to park close and P-O Vette
>> owners...I always park mine strategically, and not based on how far I
>> have to walk. I find it a lot easier to get in and out of my C6 Z06
>> than my C4, but I still find my C4 to be a bit more comfortable
>> because of the way the seat hugs my back. I'm a skinny dude...
>>
>> I do think there are probably things that can be done with the door
>> design that could help...my cube-mate put a Lambo-door conversion on
>> her C6, and while I don't particularly like that, it does reduce the
>> car's "wingspan".
>>

> Parked backed in drivers side on the curb, handicap on the passenger
> side, 6' left on his drivers side. There will always be idiots out there.
>
> Gag me with a spoon, lambo doors on a Corvette? I've seen worse, some of
> the owners should have their toe nails pulled with pliers and washed out
> with gasoline but then I change very little on a Corvette, my choice as
> it is theirs. Some people think I'm nuts for the miles I put on them but
> that's what I buy them for, to drive it when ever I can, rain or shine.

Same here...I have Harleys for bolting stuff onto and customizing.

Other than things like floor mats I prefer all of my cars pretty much
stock. I'll swap the wheels on my Z06 someday for comp grey ones, but
they will be factory 8 spoke comp grey ones. Since I have two Corvettes
right now I tend to baby my Z06 and only drive it on highway trips. If
I can get rid of my '87 one of these days I'll probably start racking
miles on it. I tend to keep vehicles a long time - I have two that have
spent over 20 years in my possession.

--
- Rufus