Old March 3rd 07, 07:07 AM posted to alt.autos.dodge
Abby Normal[_3_]

Default Water Pump Replacement - 98 Dakota 5.2L

I am about to replace the water pump in my 98 Dakota, 90k miles, 5.2L. I
bought a new OEM pump and gasket, upper and lower hoses, thermostat and
gasket, upper bypass hose, and the metal pipe and "O" ring that pushes into
the left side/top of the pump (my old one looks like it may break if I try
to remove it). Also got 2 gallons of Prestone anti-freeze.

Anything special I need to know before I start this weekend? I made a
wrench to remove the fan clutch and I know all I need to remove is the top
1/2 of the shroud. Are there any secrets to this? I've done this before on
SBC motors but never any of my Dodges.

Anyone know what the water pump to engine block bolts are torqued at?
Also, what are the torque specs for the bolts for the thermostat housing to
intake?

Thank you