Old December 12th 11, 10:36 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Percival P. Cassidy[_2_]

Default Chrysler 300M rear bulbs. Was: 300M center brake light problem

On 12/10/11 03:52 pm, I wrote:

> I noticed that my center brake light was not working, so I replaced the
> bulb, but that did not solve the problem I tried the other bulb from the
> new two-pack, but still no joy.
>
> Eventually I discovered that although there is power on the brake light
> conductor where it plugs into the red connector at the left side of the
> trunk, there is none at the other end, at the 2-pin connector where it
> connects to the lamp socket.
>
> What would be the neatest, cheapest, most straightforward (how many of
> those are compatible?) way of fixing this? Suggestions?

While I was about it, I checked the bulbs in the rear light assemblies
at each side. I think I might have replaced one or two before. Some
looked fine, but the brake-light and turn-signal bulbs looked a little
dark so I replaced them. I hadn't realized before that all ten bulbs are
the same dual-filament type, but the backup and turn-signal bulbs use
only the high-wattage filaments, the inner two tail-light bulbs on each
side use only the low-wattage filaments; and both filaments of the
outermost bulbs on each side are used -- the low-wattage one for the
tail light and the high-wattage one for the brake light. Although the
Owner's Manual and Service Manual say that all are type 3157K, the ones
I removed were 3057K. The ones I installed in their place are 3157LL.
(Our car is an '02 model.)

Perce