Old March 14th 07, 03:15 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.honda
loewent via CarKB.com

Default Tegger replaces his alternator

I thought I would have to do the same in my 98 civic, ie remove driveshaft
etc.... but I didn't. I simply got the alternator loose, then removed the 2
bolts on the alternator-engine block bracket, and it pretty much fell in my
lap.

Not so lucky on my wife's 87 prelude though.... with that one I had to remove
the driver side upper motor mount to allow me to shift the engine over enough
to make room to get the alternator out.

Tegger, would this option have worked in your situation at all?