Old December 7th 10, 09:55 AM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo
GT[_14_]

Default Starting in the cold

"Zathras" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 07 Dec 2010 08:13:03 +0000, Catman
> > wrote:
>
>>On 06/12/2010 22:58, R C Nesbit wrote:
>>> Catman spoke:

>>> Yes - Like I said, I think the compression is (eventually)
>>> generating enough heat to aid combustion.
>>>

>>Plugs are cheap enough innit.

> The final bill might be more than that. New battery? New starter? I
> wouldn't feel that keen on using an 'Alfa' starter motor to heat up
> the engine too often. The only thing I ever experienced that I felt
> might have been over-engineered on a 156 was the exhaust.

I'll second that on the exhaust - mine is over 9 years old now and somewhere
near 90,000 miles and still going. I had a new flexi-pipe part welded in the
middle 2 years ago and the outer skin on the back silencer has long gone,
but its been like that for nearly 2 years and just keeps on going!