Old March 22nd 06, 06:25 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default mpg alfa romeo 146

Hi,
I have got a 1999 Alfa romeo 146, I have owned the car for 4 years. The
car is now on 96,000 miles> i have owned the car since 47,000.
I go through a set off front tyres every 14,000 miles,
Back brakes for some reason wear quicker then the front, get about
26,000 to the back and 33,000 to the front. Other then a cambelt change
at 57,000 miles and spark plug's, dont forget there are eight of them.
The car has got through its annual service at a price of £120 which
is not bad. Last year i had to change the exhaust, radiator and mass
airflow meter.
Fuel, if you thrash the car about 20-25 mpg. Motorways mine will do
between 32-35mpg. Overall good car, all i will say is mine has been
well serviced, every year. I do think if this car has been neglected it
will cost you to get it to what it should be.