Old March 21st 06, 09:34 PM posted to alt.autos.alfa-romeo

Default mpg alfa romeo 146

"coventry" <u19936@uwe> wrote:

> just thinking of buying a 146 but would like to know a few things .What is
> the mpg on mways and what sort of running costs are involved any help be
> appreciated

MPG depends on which engine you have - if it's a 2lt TSpark and you
drive it fairly enthusiastically, then think mid 20s mpg. I get around
28mpg in everyday use, dropping to under 20mpg if I have my 'fast' head
on.

As Pete said, running costs depend on what work has been done and the
kind of servicing it's had, however, you can figure on these figures
being in the right ball park.....

Cambelt, every 40k miles - £300-ish from an independent garage.
Front suspension drop links - £100-ish at about the same mileage.
Front tyres - every 10k miles - £120 a pair.
Front brake pads - £50-£100 fitted, every 10k miles.
Rear tyres - dunno, can't remember the last time I went through a set on
a RWD car.
Rear pads - as for front pads, but every 20k miles.
Front discs - depends on use, but reckon on £100-£150 / pair, fitted.
Same for rears.
Regular servicing - under £100 every 10k miles.

That any good to you?
Alfa 156 2.0 TSpark Lusso - Fiat Marea 20v HLX - COSOC KOTL