Old September 13th 05, 02:31 AM
Dave Henrie

(Arto Wikla) wrote in news:wikla.1126545798
@wrl-55:

> I have a strange framerate problem in rFactor:
> Generally everything is very smooth, but every now and then
> it becomes nearly a slide show, perhaps about 2-3 times during
> one lap.
>
> I have tried different resolutions and different amounts of
> details - both nearly from top to minimum. These changes seem
> not to have any effect to the problem! Quite strange! Is this
> a commonly known problem? Any advice?
>
> My system is:
>
> Radeon 9600 XT-4
> driver version 6.14.10.6414
>
> Intel Pentium 4 3.20GHz
>
> Thanks in advance!
>
> Arto

How much RAM do you have? Is this at every track or certain ones only?
Have you locked down your swap file?(yes this old win9x trick did wonders
for my memory limited system with GTR) Shadows seem to have a big affect.
The first addon track(lime rock) had a patch to improve fps due to how the
trees where handled. The readme for Birmingham recomends a couple of
settings to improve fps. Check those out. Good luck.

dave henrie