Old October 4th 17, 10:23 AM posted to rec.autos.makers.vw.aircooled
John[_28_]

Default '74 Super Beetle - Bad ignition switch?

Almost certainly yes. There are a number of different types of switch
configuration, plastic , metal of varying quality. I find I have to take the
switch out to confirm type and then buy switch. Fortunately its not a huge
drama to replace switch. If you can get metal go for it. All the plastic
ones seem to get brittle quickly and go like your existing switch. Best of
luck.
> wrote in message
My 1974 super is having problems where the car starts and runs just fine but
none of my accessories work. I sometimes works if I jiggle the key in the
ignition. Would this be caused by a bad ignition switch? Accessories include
headlights, radio, windshield wipers, fresh air defrost and rear window
defrost