Old October 26th 11, 11:10 PM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB (new development)

GaryR:
> >Mario Petrinovic:
>> I just went to Lime Rock with Legends, and saw a lot of people
>>spinning. The difference between Damper and Centering Spring induces those
>>spins, so I would suggest to make those two the same.

> And here I have been thinking a spin is caused by too much speed, bad
> use of throttle, or wrong steering inputs!

You can spin like that, or you can spin just turning into a corner
at normal speed, because wrong FFB fools your senses into doing wrong
things.
BTW, I still didn't find time to test (I am too tired now, coming
back from work), but from little test of Spring the previous day, it could
very well be that the right setting for Spring on my system is 128%. If this
is the case, then this would mean that iRacing locked Spring also at 75%,
because 128 x 0.75 = 96. We know that Damper was also locked at 75%, but
iRacing reverted it back to 100%.
This 75% lock only confused things, because with this lock the right
settings for my system should be 128/128/96 (because Centering Spring wasn't
locked at 75%), and this is far from the default 100/100/100. I am looking
forward in a few days to find out if this is so.

Mario