Old October 26th 11, 02:24 AM posted to rec.autos.simulators
Mario Petrinovic

Default FFB (new development)

Well, this is what I did.
First I set Damper how I like it (to not feel friction, and to not
feel wheel too thin). This is at 96% on my system.
Then I tested Centering Spring with Spring being 0% (Damper at 96%).
And it turned out that the best Centering Spring is also 96%. So, I would
say that Centering Spring should be the same as Damper. If it is bigger than
Damper, it develops snap-loose condition, if it is smaller it tries to spin
car.
So, it looks like the trick is in setting up Spring. I didn't have
time to do this, but on my system it is somewhere around 120-130%. This I
will set some other day. I'll try with Damper and Centering Spring at 0% to
see how it behaves.
I just went to Lime Rock with Legends, and saw a lot of people
spinning. The difference between Damper and Centering Spring induces those
spins, so I would suggest to make those two the same.

Mario