Old March 4th 13, 09:56 PM posted to alt.autos.corvette
Dad[_2_]

Default First official images of 2015 Corvette C7 Convertible !!

"uncle_vito" > wrote in message

> "Dad" > wrote in message
> .. .
>>
>> "uncle_vito" > wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Dad" > wrote in message
>>> .. .

>>> But the Toyota V-8 is an engineering work of art that does not develop
>>> valve float at high RPM nor needs cam destroying spring pressures to do
>>> it. Just as well that GM sticks to OHV engines. With the 'complexity'
>>> of DOHC, the C7 would never be out of the shop.

>> By the time valve float would happen, which it don't when computer
>> controlled, your Toy would be two counties behind. Sorry, try again.
>>
>> Just to let you in on where I'm coming from I drive what I'm talking
>> about. How about you?
>>

> I drive a Toyota Highlander and BMW 3 series. The DOHC VVT 6s in those
> have absolutely NO problems. BMW is known for its smooth 6's. I have
> the 2.5L and it revs like crazy and gets great mileage. Need to use
> premium but at the mileage it gets, I do not care.
>
> Sorry, not interested in any DOHC that GM offers. The GM pencil pushers
> that run the company only produced DOHC engines as a 'me too' to its
> competition.
>
> You seem plenty knowledgeable, Dad. You should go up against Hib
> Halverson. Except Hib is an arrogant ass.

Already called him on a couple of mistakes, he is a blow hard and sadly
represent some of the owners that like to spend money and brag about it and
owning a Corvette. He does have knowledge I don't but if you call him out he
just hides and don't reply like he didn't even notice what was said.

Myself I like to know what I'm driving and what it can do but could care
less what someone else drives and see no reason to cut them down for their
choice. Which brings me to your statement that the "C7 wouldn't get out of
the shop". What does that mean except you would like to knock something you
know nothing about. I haven't seen or heard of any "cam destroying spring
pressure" from any cars for decades. Ever hear of roller rockers? Back in
the 70's when GM built the V8s with the hot centers there were lots of cam
failures but it was not from spring pressure it was carbon ash that ground
down the lobes.

My oldest son drives a Toy pickup and he couldn't get close to the mileage I
did on my Chevy van that was 800 pounds heavier. His Odyssey is about 5 MPG
short also. Poor old push rod V6 just never knew when to stop on a tank of
gas. When I had the Northstar in my STS it soured me on the overhead cam
with it's bad gas mileage. The DOHC I have now is about 6 mile per gallon
short of my C6 but it does burn regular.

By the way he lives about 20 miles from the BMW plant/museum in Greer S.C.
and if you ever get there it is a treat to see. If possible take the plant
tour, sporadic availability but worth the time if it works out.