Old August 4th 08, 02:05 AM posted to alt.autos.honda,rec.autos.tech
Tegger

Default Headlights - high beams ok, no low beams

wrote in news:298bb772-5a99-41fa-86d8-f3619f7f4d94
@v39g2000pro.googlegroups.com:

> Honda Civic LX 1992:
>
> When I turn the headlights on, the low beams are out on both sides.
> When I switch to high beams, they both come on fine.
> The bulbs are good - I checked visually - they aren't burnt.
>
> Would something like this cost a lot to diagnose and fix?
> Is this an easy do-it-yourself job?

Assuming you've checked _ALL_ the fuses, and assuming you've tried to send
direct battery current (briefly) through the bulb filaments to see if they
actually light up -- the headlight switch (behind the steering wheel) is
bad.

You can swap this item with one from the wreckers, but be really careful
removing the SRS, so as not to damage the cable reel!

--
Tegger