Old September 7th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.autos.makers.chrysler
Count Floyd

Default Clutch not returning

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006 05:34:18 UTC, "Ace" > wrote:

> Count Floyd wrote:
> > In
> > the last couple of months, my clutch has started to not "pop" back
> > when released and I have been using my toe to pull it back.

> Been a while since I have worked on a 40s Chrysler clutch but if my
> memory serves me correctly there is an adjustment of the pedal linkage
> that needs to be correct.
>
> Does the pedal not return at all or does it simply come up some, the
> clutch operation is correct but the pedal does not return to the top?
> I vaguely remember the clutch return spring keeps the pedal returned so
> the clutch is not being "ridden".
>
> Bob AZ

Bob,
The pedal comes up some, but does not return fully to the complete
position. It is floor mounted, pushing straight down flush with the
rubber mat when activated, and it comes up just a hair, then I have to
pull it up the rest of the way with my toe.

--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"