Old January 2nd 08, 01:41 AM posted to alt.autos,alt.autos.dodge
Neil[_2_]

Default Check Engine Light With E85

"Neil" > wrote in message
news
>I have 2003 Dodge Caravan SE, which takes E85 (has the E85 sticker on the
>gas cap door), but I've never used it before. The other day my tank was
>half full, and I filled it up with E85. A couple dozen miles later my check
>engine light went on. It stayed on for a couple of days. Today the check
>engine light didn't go on; but it's also much colder today than it's been
>the past couple of days, so I don't know if that has anything to do with
>it.
>
> So I was wondering if anyone has heard of any problems using E85, such as
> might cause the check engine light to come on, or otherwise. (The car
> actually seems to ride a little smoother; but that could just be my
> imagination.) I need to get my state inspection sticker next month, and I
> certainly don't want any problems with the check engine light right when I
> have to do my inspection.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Neil

Here's an interesting thing re. this. I didn't get the fault code yet
because, as noted, the check engine light was off.

The last time I had put half a tank of E85 in, so it was 50% E85. Tonight I
got gas again, and filled up with E85. The tank was 1/3 full, so it now is
about 85% E85.

Though, as noted, the check engine light has been off, about 5 miles after
filling up again on E85, the check engine light went on again.

So that's twice in a row that it went on after filling up on E85.