Old September 21st 06, 03:53 PM posted to alt.autos.bmw
Jack[_1_]

Default Adaptive Headlights

http://www.intellexual.net/hid.html

This site appears to provide some credible info on HID lamps along with some
interesting 'prism tricks' employed by BMW and Audi that make their
headlights appear blue from the side even though they are actually white
(4100K). It seems clear from this site that the true high temperature 'blue
light' systems only have 'bling bling' value as they provide less light and
that the human eye is less able to see that light.

To the original poster with the night vision problem I would suggest that he
work on the other end of the problem and get some night vison glasses. I
have an emergent night vision problem and find these lenses help
significantly, especially in the rain. They also have the added benefit of
acting as BLUE BLOCKERS knocking down the intensity of the oncoming beams
from the affluent but ignorant purchasers of the blue light systems who for
some reason usually drive around with their high beams up.