Old September 6th 05, 06:22 PM
Squat

"Vasya" > wrote in message
> Car 54 wrote:
>> I have 2000 Mazda Protege that has a tremendous amount of rust on all
>> four doors. In fact 6 months after I bought the car, I had to have the
>> doors repainted. I took my car to 2 body shops recently and both guys I
>> dealt with said that Mazda's rust very very fast. Why is that ? And is
>> there any warranty for that kind of stuff?
>> Tks all !
>> reply to group.

> My 02 Pro has rust on the bottom of the passenger side front door too. So
> much for galvanised steel.. The dealer did offer to fix it, but I don't
> want to have the whole door sandblasted and repainted..

Vasya,
My experience with Mazda'a has been quite different. I had a 1988 B2200 pick
up (before the current Ford version) for 12 years, (Oregon, no less) Never
had a spot of rust (Moss, yes, Rust no...)
Had a 1999 Miata on a lease for two years (It was a year old when I got it)
and never had a rust problem.
Both vehicles had spotless mechanical records and were fabulous to drive (I
regret selling both vehicles.)
Squat