Old August 17th 05, 07:18 PM
TeGGeR®

"bertbarndoor" > wrote in
ups.com:

> One more thing, not sure if it is related. I had a look at all the
> rotors and it seems that in the effected area, there is about a quarter
> to a half inch what isn't warn on the outside of the rotor and instead
> of the nice shiny metal look, there is some rust. On all my other
> rotors, there appears to be clean metal (where the pads contact) right
> to the edge of the outside of the rotor.

Your noise could well be brake related.

You've likely got at least one pad seized on its mount bracket, which
suggests other brake problems as well. Time for a thorough service.

Looking at the outside pads is not enough. You have to see the inner ones
as well. If the outer pad is sticking, extra stress is applied to the inner
pads, and they wear out much faster.

--
TeGGeR®

The Unofficial Honda/Acura FAQ