Old April 15th 13, 09:00 PM posted to rec.autos.tech
m6onz5a

Default compression fittings on brake lines

On Apr 15, 1:05*pm, "Steve W." > wrote:
> m6onz5a wrote:

> >> No argument here, I'm glad I don't live in MD anymore. *The inspection
> >> there is brutal; I failed once for a windshield that was "too
> >> sandblasted" I **** you not and had a friend have to replace her exhaust
> >> system because the inspector told her that he wouldn't pass it if an
> >> exhaust shop welded a dime-sized patch over a hole in her muffler. *I'm
> >> all for safe and reliable, but that's just ludicrous.

> >> nate

> >> --
> >> replace "roosters" with "cox" to reply.http://members.cox.net/njnagel

> > yes inspections are brutal, but you only have to do them once.. They
> > failed my windshield on an old car I used to own for the same reason
> > ( it did need to be replaced). *Headlights & ball joints always seem
> > to fail too even when the ball joints are new.

> > As for the exhaust they probably figured since someone welded over a
> > rust hole that the muffler was probably full of rust. Plus that hole
> > can easily open back up. *Not all that ludicrous.

> You may do it once, Many states do it yearly.
>
> --
> Steve W.

Most of the yearly inspections are usually just a safety inspection
(brakes, tires wipers, exhaust etc)

as for the drain hole having a little corrosion that is all he needed
to see. I still don't know why just the muffler couldn't be replaced?
If he had issues in the past letting vehicles slide through he could
have been extra thorough. Who knows.